What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormancy

Hi everyone,
I think I'm going to get a p. primufilora from pft. I was wondering how warm dormancy can be for the plant to actually go dormant. (is 65 degrees cool enough?)

i have had much luck (many others have also) by not letting primiflora go dormant. It is considered by some as an annual, so i just let mine grow year round. No ill side effects.

Thanks. I think I'll try that once I get it. But if it is an annual, then how long will it live after you get it? (since you order a plant that is already pretty old)
confused.gif

well, in all respect, people say its an annual, since it usually dies away after a dormancy. it usually returns via small buds. I never give mine a dormancy, and i have kept a flowering sized individual for about 2 years now (i got it as an old one). THe leaves may grow big and small from time to time, and many older leaves produced plantlets.

Back