What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ehlersia

i received a p.ehlerisa a while ago. i get a new leaf almost every day. there was about 50 leaves in all. well i decided to take 12 leaves from it. i have them all layed out under 4 20watt bulds on pure vermiculite. sound right?

thanks
mike

Sounds good, as long as you get the whole leaf, including the white base, BUT i have found an odd thing with pings: they will bud with an leaf cutting, even if cut in half. Anyways, i have had a problem with ehlersai producing alot of leaves, mine has even popped out of the soil because of that :)-Zach

I believe you both received your plants from me.

I do just that same thing when I receive a new Pinguicula plant. I remove almost all of the older leaves and just leave the newest 2 or 3. I then place the detached leaves into one of my little "propagation chambers" and wait. Within a very short time almost all of the leaves bud and form little plantlets which I remove and place into their own "propagation chamber" leaving the leaves to continue producing more plantlets. Soon I have many small plants in various stages of development. When the small plantlets are large enough to move to their own pots I do the same with them and remove nearly all of their leaves and place those leaves into the first propagation chamber with the original set, if they are still viable. . . The Pinguicula plants keep on movin' on down the line.
biggrin.gif

Oh, i didnt get my ehlersai from you PingMan
tounge.gif
, I got mine awhile back from CP2K lol. I got the top quality esseriana, gigantea, and rotundifola
smile.gif

I am really bad at remembering what I trade with whom. I am working at fixing that situation. I really want to be able to remember those details, as well as what I get from whom in trade.

Back