What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping media

Hi all, I am far from being a ping expert, so have a question for you all.

What is the best pH for potting media for European pings? And what medias do people recomend?

Thanks
George

I would highly recommend Eric Partrat's wonderful Ping site 'World of Pinguicula.' You can find it on a google.com search
smile.gif

Thank you.

The problem is that you may not have access to everything, for exemple calcareous litter, as you live in Australia.

You should contact Laurent Legendre, an Australian Pinguicula grower that could help you in telling you how he do

The best pH is around 8 for calcareous species.

Cheers

As I have mentioned many times: I have successfully grown all of my Pinguicula in 100% pure rinsed peat moss. Sometimes I have experimented with other combinations of ingredients suggested by other growers. Sometimes with success, sometimes not. My personal recommendation is to propagate the plants as soon as you get them and experiment for yourself to find which media or combination works best for you in your conditions to grow the plants to healthy maturity.

Thanks all, I'll give Laurent Legendre an email. I will also have bit of a play with medias.

George

Back