What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Butterwort

I just bought my first Butter wort today (from Franks nursery), I have lots of VFT's and pitcher plants, so I know what kind of growing conditions those need.  Can I put the Butterwort with the VFT's which get 5 or 6 hours of direct sunlight a day?  Or do these need less sun?  How much water? Should I take the plastic cover off?  Any other tips or advice that I should know would be greatly appreciated,  Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Depends on the type. I have mine in with my sundews and sarrs and nepenthes. It is dripping with mucoussy stuff and is beautiful. It gets 16 hours of artificial a night and is pretty humid in there. I also keep a cut off 2 liter bottle over it to boost humidity. Mine has been really easy to care for. Was yours from gublers becasue it might be the same type as mine?

I got it from a local nursery chain, it's called Franks nursery and crafts. I am just gonna put it with my VFT's and Sarrs, and then see what happens from there, I guess. Thanks
smile.gif

Back