What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite ping?

I only have one ping, but it is bomb-proof.  That is why I like it.  Unfortunately, I killed the mother plant (no idea why it died).  
sad.gif
  But, it produced two little plantlets on the end of the leaves that look like they will survive.  So now I have two P. primuliflora ! Yay!  So that's my favorite!

I only have one ping....... But I sure think its beatifull! it's name? P. Zecheri x Agnata

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

Of course it has to be P. esseriana the mini-mexi-ping.
wink.gif
'Sethos' is a beauty of a runner up.

I think once I get my P. yucca do 1713 that will definately be giving P. esseriana a run for the money.

I am going to have to go with Vertigo, Esseriana. Although Moranis G is something.

My favourite, because its the only one I have at the moment and I grew it from seed is P.Laueana

Most of the time my answer would be P. cyclosecta both for its beautiful flower and foliage, definately my favorite species. (I must take a sharper picture of the flower though.)

cyclo1.jpg

cyclo2.jpg

I'm quite proud of this one though, which I bred, and which has just started to flower, P. potosiensis x moctezumae. Probably my favorite Ping at the moment!

potmoc1.jpg

Vic

Hello,
My favorite ping would be Pinguicula.........ummmmmm...............P. .....................I dont know. Definetly Vic's P. Cyclosecta! Its b-e-a-utiful!
One that I own...P. xTina. I love the flower!
Kevin

Wow..........................Vic.......................those..................are.........
.............beutiful.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Vic! You have made my eye wonder.

Vic Brown,

That's a great looking ping.

I only have 1 type of ping. I'm growing 2 of them with lots of little plantlets, Pinguicula primuliflora.

Thanks for the kind words, it really is hard choosing a favorite Ping though. I really like P. laueana forms too. This one is a crimson/purple flowered clone, given the designation CP2 by the UK Ping expert Stan Lampard. Maybe this one is my favorite??!!

Pinguicula laueana 'CP2'

PC1.jpg

I've been playing around crossing the various form of this species and can't wait the year or so before they flower.

Vic

Wow Vic those are some very impressive and beautiful pings you have there, I think my favorite ping now is that laueana. Awesome
biggrin.gif

Wow Vic! Those are spectacular! What a whiz you are with pings (and photography). Lovely plants and photos.

I am in the process now of trying to expand my ping collection so I'm sure there are many great pings out there waiting to become a favorite.

I think for now a favorite will be p. ehlersiae. I do like the look of cyclosecta though. Actually...there are maaaany I like, I just don't have them yet.
smile.gif
And unfortunately something got into my pings and chewed on them.
sad.gif
This is the first time ever I have had to deal with pests eating my plants (orchids included). So its a new and not very happy experience. I did find 2 black catepillars which took a first class flight into the yard.

Well, I have something to aspire to now.
smile.gif

Suzanne

I have to agree with Vic on the P. cyclosecta. I've been drooling over that ping for years
smile.gif
Can't say I've ever actually had a chance to grow one, but I adore them, so that still counts right?  
tounge.gif
And those are amazing photo's! What camera do you use?

Is it really a good camera or Vic is a relly good photografier...

Cheers

It's a Ricoh Caplio RR30, quite a good camera, but by no means the most expensive digital camera on the market (about $300 in the US, a little more in the UK). Its very easy to use, just point and click, and it has a good macro capability, focusing down to 1cm from the subject.

The photographer isn't really good, but likes to think he's getting better at taking pictures of his plants
smile.gif

The plants are the real stars though, especially when something you have bred flowers for the first time and looks good.

Vic

Hello everyone,

First off, WOW Vic your Butterworts are gorgeous with a capital G. The purple leaves and flowers are way cool and I hope the color on my P. Laueanas will be as beautiful as the color your plant's flowers have going.

My favorite Butterworts have to be P. Esseriana and P Laueana (Thanx very much to Zach L. and Joseph C.) They're not only very attractive but very easy to care for, if I can grow them and keep them happy anyone can. They're also the only ones I have at the moment.

My second favorites have to be P. Caerulea, P. Lutea, P. Planifolia, P. Ionantha, and P. Primuliflora they're the pride of the U.S. and they got it going on. I hope get my hands on all these babies next spring. Later L.A Traphole

Back