What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. x Weser seeds

schloaty

Staff member
Hi folks, kwik kwestshun (like my phonetics?)

I suface-sowed some pxWeser seeds (thanks Weser&#33
wink.gif
probably 1 to 2 months ago. I was wondering how long these generally take to germinate.

They were sowed in pete/perlite, and it's about 80 degrees.
Thanks for any tips.

I've produced and sown the seed generated by selfing Pinguicula 'Weser' twice. Once they germinated almost immediately (4-5 days), the other time I did it I never got any germination at all. The seed appeared exactly the same in both attempts, and the conditions were identical, but no germination was observed in one, while nearly 100% was observed in the other. Perhaps all my subsequent sowings should be in vitro to eliminate the possibility that the germination was affected by microbial activity.

schloaty, if those doesn`t germinate I send you other pod seeds..........but I sow those my self first and look upshots!
wink.gif

Thanks Weser,
I'll give them a little more time....Maybe till the end of the month. I'll let you know.
biggrin.gif

yes! we do that!
wink.gif

Back