What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is that smell?

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
First off let me preface this by saying I AM NOT CRAZY

Now that I have that out of the way... Many times I have noticed a faint aroma while working around my Pings. This weekend I was doing some propogation work and when I lifted the dome of my Ping tray I was hit by it again and was finally able to place the odor; onion. So I was wondering if this is just my pnats or if anyone else has noticed that their Pings smell oniony

Hey Pyro

Isn't saying I'm not Crazy and I am raising CPs kind of oxymoronic?

But yes if I am growing pings in an enclosed space I pick up a odor that is like wild onions.

Cheers

Pyro,
I only notice and odor when I'm working on the plants in my socks.....
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Peeeeeee-yeewwwww!
wow.gif
wow.gif

Pete,

Growing CPs is defined as being eccentric not crazy
wink.gif
smile.gif
So that solve the problem of me being and oxidized moron

Schloaty,

But my shoes were on
tounge.gif

I prefer OBSESSED

thank ye very much!
hehe
T

Btw.. I placed that citrusy smell with my Nepenthes faizaliana as coming from the pitchers after they are emptied of fluid and rinsed out... must be something from the glands inside.

Pyro - I don't know I always thought you had to be rich to be eccentric.

Tony - I can agree with obsessed - obsession is one of those conditions that gets you locked up with all the other obsessed people.

Think of it - here at PFT we are all obsessed - it is kind of like an on-line virtual psychiatric ward and Phil is Dr. Crane....

cheers,

Well if you have to be rich then I guess I am not eccentric and I will have to settle with obsessed.

<And now I skulk off to my padded Utricularia room>

Pyro,
I think you can be eccentric if you're old, too. Rich just lets you claim eccentricity at a younger age. MHO.

Well at 25 I don't think I can make the claim of eccentric by age LOL

Huh, I think you're right Pyro! And to think I thought one of my ping pots was just starting to rot or something.

Back