What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type of ping?

I have two pings from lowes, and as anyone that has bought a plant from lowes (at least the ones in the small 2" pots) knows, they do not specify the actual genus of the plant. Any help would be appreciated.

It's probably a P. primuliflora. I got one from there. This isn't my plant (ME NO HAVE DIGITAL CAMERA!!! ), but does it look anything like this?

pprimuliflorathumb.jpg

Primulifloras are pretty commonly sold in places like Lowes and Home Depot so its a good bet. But one way to know for sure is if you see any little plantlets growing off the tips of the leaves...only the prims do that.
smile.gif
Mine at work is setting a flower scape now...the flower is white.

Suzanne

yes, it looks similar to that. I believe suzanne may have hit the nail on the head...my one smaller ping has a friend off of one of its leaves I believe. I will say one thing (I learned this the hard way) they do NOT like direct or hot sunlight! I think after about a month in the "recovery room" (my terrarium, I like to recoop them in there because growing conditions are so much more controlled) they are about ready to come out and go in the kitchen (I am sure to my wife's delight, LOL) with the drosea...

Hello,
I have seen P. Lutea at Lowes, not Home Depot. But P. Lutea looks like P. Caerulea, heres a photo of my P. Caerulea, it looks like that: P. Caerulea Hope it helps,
Kevin

Back