What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is my primuliflora flowering?

My ping. primuliflora is growing a small, green flower stalk or something. I can try to get a picture up sometime, but for now, it is roundish, and I think it is pointed at the top, with overlap on the sides. I'm sure someone with knowledge of pings knows what this is from experience, but since this is my first and only butterwort that i got not long ago, I don't know. Any ideas?
rock.gif

Yeah, you're getting a flower! That's half the fun on pings, so congrats! Sometimes they kind of abort and shrivel up and die, so don't be too disappointed if that happens. Incidentally, on my particular primuliflora, the stalks catch gnats considerably better than the leaves do!

Capslock

yaaayy!! that rocks!! right now its not even a stalk, though, it is just sitting at the growth point.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Can primuliflora be self pollinated? if so, how did the seed germination work out? thanx.

I have tried selfing primuliflora, but only a few seeds were produced and I could not get any to germinate. This plant self-propagates by forming plantlets on the ends of the leaves.

Yeah, I knew about the little plants on the leaf tips. Might as well try to self pollinate it, it, better safe than sorry. thanx for your input.
smile.gif

Back