What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering...

Colieo

Staff member
Hi all,
I was wondering if your plants all seem to bum out after flowering. I had a p.primuliflora that looked terrible after flowering. My p.cycolsectia also flowered, and never really took off all year after that. Would you recomend it?

Thanks for any info,
Cole

I do not believe that the flowering is detrimetal to Pinguicula sp. However, I have noticed in increased growth in some of my moranensis var. that have stopped putting out flowers for the past few weeks. These guys put up flowers through the entire summer. Of course, this increase in growth could be due to other reasons.

I experienced the same thing with my P. primuliflora. Just didn't seem as green. But it has kept on flowering. #3 is in bloom, now and #4 is on its way. The plantlets still look good. Someone told me it's the lighting, or rather the need for more.

Back