What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North American Pinguicula

Hi,

Do any one has any trick to succeed sowing the seeds of these species? I keep trying, but loosing the seedling one day or another... some seems to grow very well in waterlogged conditions, then totally change and stop growing, others are at the opposite position, and then 'changed' too... They seem pretty unstable to grow to my eye for now :p Any tips? Actually, mine never grew more than 1/4" in diameter, and I lost all of them at every tries...

Tom

Well, I have never had probelms with the ones I have attempted: P. ionantha and P. primuliflora. I just took the ripen seed pod, shook off the seeds and sprinkled over a mix of damp peat/sand (50-50). I watered it via tray method, as if it is too damp, fungus and slime may appear. Keep the pot under bright lights (not necessarily hot temps, just bright lights). Once seedlings appear, just use a toothpick and repot em if you would like. Good luck-Zach

Back