What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White spots on P. primuliflora

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I just noticed that some of its leaves have white spots that most closely resemble the fish parasite called ich. Other than that it has plantlets, dew, and is sending up a flower scape.

Do these spots happen to be where bug carcasses were? If so, it could be a mold.

SF

No, the plant hasn't had an opportunity to even eat a critter. The spots are like little dots, as opposed to fuzzy balls.

It could be scale or if you water with cold water it could be the death of cells where the cold water splashed this is common with african violets.???

What does scale look like?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 23 2004,16:51)]What does scale look like?
cotten scail. well, they are little white dots and if you get up close you can see some segments, if you peel them off a plant and squish it they have sort of tannish innerd. If you have this pest... well, sucks to be you 'cause they spred like lightning and reak havock appon plants everyware.

This is not good news! I'll try it.

:p if it is cotten scail, quarintine the infection and pick off all of them every day untill they stop coming back for at least 2 weeks... I don't know if any pesticides are safe for pings.

Back