What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An unforgettable population of

As I have noted that some plants of Pinguicula longifolia subsp. longifolia from a <span style='color:red'>red</span> population have appeared among us in culture, I have just done the page on my visit there.  
cool.gif

This is an unforgettable show.
tounge.gif

Article

Here is a preview
Pineta8(LR).jpg

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Gorgeous!</span>

Those are nice! With several subspecies of P. longifolia, would a red form constiture another, or how does that work?

Thanks,

Joe

This is amazing also to note that in the same area (I mean in the anisclo canyon); the P. longifolia subsp. longifolia plants are all green...but the sun is less shining in that gorges.

P_longifolia3(LR).jpg

We can speak of P. longifolia subsp. longifolia f. red and the seedlings from Red form or green form stay red or green in culture also.

This is really fantastic

I know some of the experts over there use a dripping wall to grow some of these temperate Pings(a lot seem to grow vertically). Does that seem to work better?

Regards,

Joe

I have two dripping walls (I had) It is a good idea for the long leaves species like P. vallisneriifolia but this species must have a high humid air around, meaning a close greenhouse. You need light (and UV) for your plants so you must have sun or artificial light. If you have sun, the temperature in this greenhouse is too high.

Dripping walls

drippingwalls1(LR).jpg

Back