What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.primuliflora

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Man I have a small 1 1\2 inch plantlet of P.primuliflora and one of the dead leafs on it has a plantlet! You guys aint kidding that this is a prolific plant! Heres a pic.
Prim%20plantlet.JPG

rock.gif

eh?

Nice photo, you'd take good sasquatch pictures
wink.gif

j/k
Seriously, tho, I couldn't make out much in that photo. However, you are right, primulifloras produce plantlets like *mad*! It's pretty interesting that an entire plant can grow from part of a leaf. I was able to get seven plantlets before repotting my primuliflora. Now I have it in a wide container, hoping that it will multilpy and cover the surface as a sort of "carpet"
-trev

Reminds me of my photos from my complimentary earthlink camera.

I now you would ecpect better from a 3.31 megapixel! Lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Chicken raisen`,plant growin`,ex-librarian ,ramen noodle eating, snake bitten,country music listnin`,message board addict
Pond boy
Hmmmm. I thought it was a photo of one of your chickens.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It does kind of look like a chicken.

Lol. I never looked at it that way!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

i also have p. prims (which i have just bought at franks gardening center (i was suprised because they also had green dragon VFTs their)
how do u get the plantlets off?
does it start to make roots on its own when the mother plants starts to die, or can u cut them off and transplant them to a seperate pot so that the mother plant can make more?
im so newbish at growing cp's...

Read your camera manual... it should help you with the focus on your close up shots.
smile.gif

I tried separating them when I saw roots and transplanted them. I started losing them one by one. Maybe that was just my inexperience. Maybe it is better to remove the leaf or leaves that have plantlets, without removing the plantlets, and move them to a new pot.

Hmmm.. i hope that doesnt happen to me seeing as how i just did that  
wink.gif

But i soaked all the plants in a strong solution of water and Superthrive (10 drops a gallon as said in "The Savage Garden") for 30 minutes
I hope that hlped it
any way,I got like 10 plantlets from 4 different plants that i just replanted into a terrarium
biggrin.gif

these Pings are CRAZY nice at growing plantlets
laugh.gif

One warning. Be careful when you're cutting the plantlets off that you don't forget about the mother plant. If you leave it in a low humidity area for a while, it will die. That's experience talking there!

SF

well, all the plantlets and the mother plants are seeming to do fine
today, i looked, and since they are in a terrarium (The Pet Fly Trap 3 Gall tank) the humidity is high. All the Plants are doing great, i can see lots of dew on the pings and the lil plantlets too
i hope they pull through
Hellz

Back