What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pile of P. primulifolia

biggrin.gif
I went to go get paperwork for volenteering at the Miejer Gardens during spring break and lucked out on a day when Steve was their.  I got to see the back rooms again and the plants have changed so much since this winter, I wish I had my camera.  Anyhow, being the totally awsome person that he is, I didn't get out without a few extra new plants  one of which was quite litterally a pile of P. primulifolia. See, they have them growing in what can only be descibed as a big vat of dirt and plants, so Steve just dug out a clump for me
biggrin.gif
yah!  It's so nice to have one bigger then my thumb... actually, I'm not sure how many I have exactly, it's just a giant wad of plant with a bigillion flowers on top.  He also gave me a new P. morenensis that had cloned it'self in it's pot.  Seeing as how much harder it is to propigate these I consider this a great honer.  
smile.gif
 Anyhow, now that I have 3 P. morenensis I'm sure one will like me.

Now, I have made an observation.  .  . P. primulifolia is.... well, NOT what I would call greasy.  Now, P. morenensis, that is greasy, but P. primulifolia, well.... that's just nasty slimey.  It's like someone blew their nose on my plant, lol!  I wouldn't have known this... and didn't untill/unless I had potted the thing and gotten my hand all gooy.  So, in the future, when I'm about to repot a species I have not had to get a grip on before, should I expect drool or oil?  The act of being slimed is no big deal, the act of being slimed when you don't expect it is not that pleasent. ;)

P.S.  Um, anyone want seed?

Cool! YEAH,P.primuliflora is pretty slimey kinda like wet snot:p .

Back