What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propagation tips...

While I have had good success propagating my Drosera using PinguiculaMan (Joseph C's) methods of root and leaf cuttings I have not yet tried to propagate Pinguicula's and was wondering how, other than by seed, people from the forum get these to reproduce clones.

Cheers,
Sean

I've done leaf cutting with my P. esseriana with great success. Just pop a leaf off and lay it on the peat/sand, covering the end with a littel peat. Presto! New P. esseriana. I believe this is possible with a lot of them.

Caplsock

For the Mexi pings, I gently pull off a leaf making sure to get some of the white basal tissue. Then I lay the leaf on moist peat with the white tip pressed against the peat. I cover the container and let it sit 'til I see plantlets.
smile.gif
I don't move the plantlets until the entire mother leaf has shriveled up.

Pluck off the leaf, stick the white part in live moss and forget about it for a month. Too simple really.

I got lots of accidental leaf cuttings. Some bug or something dislodges some leaves and so its just laying there on the surface of my mix, after a few weeks, the dislodged leaf has made some plantlets.

For me, Pings are the easiest CP's to propagate via leaf cuttings.

Back