What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. rotundiflora

I'm fairly happy with the growth of this species this year.

P1010012.jpg

P1010016.sized.jpg

P1010003.sized.jpg

I would be happy too with such bloom, the flowers are almost completly shading the plant! Very nice!

Tres Magnifique! Merci Beaucoups. Hey, how 'bout Dem Cowboys! Sorry, can't resist a bad pun.

A bad pun? Not that bad to my eyes, but at least, you tried to speak french
tounge.gif

Maybe I should reconsider abandoning Pinguicula..........

I reckon I'd be fairly happy too!

Sean.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom @ April 04 2004,6:09)]A bad pun? Not that bad to my eyes, but at least, you tried to speak french  
tounge.gif
Thanks, I took French in junior high and most of high school. Still remember the basics: "Ou est la toilet?" "Que tu est bete." (Heard that a lot in class) Too bad I can't put the accent thingys in there. Beautiful pics. I hope my rotundifolia grows up to look like yours!  
biggrin.gif

To not only renew interest, but also inspire a pun! What an honor!

Thanks for all the kind comments.

P1010042.sized.jpg

Holy cow!
wow.gif
Yeah...I'd be FAIRLY satisfied with that too. That is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous flowers and so many!

Ok...adding another ping to list. lol This is where that "collector jones" just gets you. You see something pretty and you just gotta have it.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing that!

Suzanne

Dang those are so blooming! It rivals the 15+ open flowers on my U.livida.

William why give up on pings? Too many filures or just not enough room?

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Forbes,

Excellent work. Superb growing of a somewhat sensitive species.

If you wouldn't mind joining me in an "experiment". This growing season, plant one of your offsets (Pinguicula rotundiflora) in a pot topped with a 1/4 - 1/2 inch layer of 1:1 vermiculite:coral, about 1/8 inch size pieces and smaller. Let us know how this does.</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm fairly happy with the growth of this species this year.

I'd be happy and the plants seem to be happy themselves.

As beautiful as that is...   I almost want to say that recently that plant may have been infested perhaps by mites.  This is when I notice my pings become mounds with multiple growth points like that.   Thanks for sharing that wonderful flower shot though!
Andrew

I just received a small plant of this species today, and was struck with the similarity of the leaves with Genlisa. There is quite a family resembelence there!

Joseph,

I certainly will try that if I can find the coral. But why that combination and not for the entire pot? Is the objective only to boost the calcium level?

Andrew,

Thanks for the tip. My plants currently lack mites and I haven't ever had a problem with the critters on my Pinguicula, but will keep an eye out. I don't have all that much experience with the genus, but it seems that healthy, mature blooming plants form clumps. I'll have to have my eyes checked.
smile.gif

Very interesting, William. I hadn't connected those dots before. Please let me know if there is some way to grow it like a Genlisa...
wink.gif

Basically, what I meant by "topped", was that I usually place a layer of something to prevent the media from washing out the drain holes of the pot, usually a small amount of redwood bark or LFS.

Ping,

I would like to get with you about this experiment.  I have been keeping up on your post and have been trying the same.  I want to see how far you are taking it and try it as well.  I have seen some improvement with the high coral amounts.

I have also mixed the coral throughtout, not just topped. I will try the 'topping' method.

Back