What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

####

I was moving my p. esseriana which was doing very well when a nepenthes maxima pot tumbled down on it and the ping came out of the soil. It doesn't really have roots now. What should I do? either way I think I'll get a new one...

Don't sweat it, just put the plant back in the pot and all should be well. Mine get bounced around all the time and are none the worse for the wear

ok, thanks I just was worried because it doesn't have roots but i guess its like a cutting now...

I plucked five leaves off my P. esseriana, and now I have six total P. esserianas. This plant propagates by leaf cuttings EXTREMELY easily, so I'd imagine your plant is safe, regardless. You might take the opportunity to pluck a few leaves from it.

Capslock

actually one of the leaves came off by mistake
tounge.gif

just rip apart the entire plant
laugh.gif
Thats what I did when I dropped mine... plant broke in half, so i just plucked all the leaves... 50 P. esseriana
laugh.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>I had traded a few Mexican Pinguicula to one of our local cacti/succulent nurseries for some pots and pumice. They have a greenhouse where they keep a few orchids and succulents that prefer a little more humidity than most. One of the plants they received was Pinguicula esseriana. I gave them "one" plant in a 3" plastic pot, planted in 100% peat moss.

They water with straight well water, very high TDS (200+ PPM), lots of calcium. They have had the plants for a little more than one year. A few days ago they asked me if I could repot the plants and to take away the extra plants.

To try to describe what I found: There were Pinguicula plants growing everywhere, and they were covered with flowers. There were Pinguicula esseriana filling 8 or so pots, there were Pinguicula esseriana growing on the pot edges, on the gravel beneath the bench, on the concrete blocks that supported the bench, on the wooden slats of the bench, in the pots of nearby succulents, and various other places. There were more than 100 plants of Pinguicula esseriana spreading out from the "one" plant I had provided them. Their watering technique seemed to be conducive to leaf propagation, au naturale.

Most of the original peat moss had either rotted or washed away. Most of these plants were just growing on the surfaces of objects that were there. No media seemed as good as any.</span>

Back