What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown ping

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ping

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
First off this is not my plant so please don't bombard me with requests for it ;)

I got this pic from a frined. It was taken by a bird photographer in the Dominican Republic. I have had a few suggestions as to its probably ID but I would love to hear more

And I know this is an ID request but please do not move this to the ID forum. I think it will get a better response here.

plant%20from%20DRCopy.jpg

I bet Paul from the Uk knows. he has been to the Dominican Republic looking for certain epiphytical pings, I think. I will try and figure out if I still have a email.

Joe

To me, it looks a bit like P. moctezumae possibly ?
But that (AFAIK) is not an epiphyte - is the plant in the photo growing on the branch?

Hi Adam,

P.moctezumae is from Mexico not the Dominican Republic.

Looks like Pinguicula casabitoana to me.  Did the photographer see any flowers?

If it is P. casabitoana, it is a rather remarkable find since this is a relatively unknown plant. Always good to know new locations for this plant.

Utricman,

You are the second person to suggest casabitoana to me so the confirmation is very beneficial. The photographer did not see any flowers unfortunatly.

Oops... I missed the part about being photographed in the Dominican Republic - definately not P.moctezumae in that case!

Interesting plant anyway!

Back