What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prise ranges

hi

i was just wondering wats some of your prise ranges from you most expensive butterwot from your cheapest?

thanks

All my prices for my butterworts was £5. Although I may order P.primuliflora which is £10.

a primuliflora for ten bucks?! you can get them for half that here!

Um, I cant buy from PFT, I live in England(the england thats in europe)
P. primuliflora is rarer in cultivation over here, so its more expensive.

When I have spare P. primuliflora plants, I sell mature, flowering size plants for £3 at CPS meetings, which is only $5 US. It isn't a rare species in the UK, I often see plants produced by the large Dutch CP nurseries on sale in garden centres for about £5 ($8 US). Compared to the other five SE USA Pings, it's the commonest by far. If your being charged £10 (this is $18 US folks!!) for this species, then in my opinion you are being ripped off! I doubt that the wholesale cost of these plants is more than £2.

My most expensive Ping purchase to date was P. conzattii which I paid 15 Euro (+5 Euro postage) for a single plant, which is a little under $25 US in total.

I recently bought the Cuban species, P. filifolia, for 20 Euros ($25 US), but did receive quite a few plants and shared the cost with another UK grower.

I've been given or traded (swapped) the majority of my Pings, so the cheapest are free!

Vic

In my opinion, £10 isnt much and I would gladly pay that much.
The shop that sells it for that much is easycarnivores.co.uk.

Do post your experiences with P. filifolia when you can, Vic! This is something I have had my eyes on for ages, but I fear the light-intensity things may render it impossible for me.

I've only had them for two weeks and they came straight out of tissue culture, complete with gel on their roots! They seem to be acclimatising to the warm, bright conditions in my tropical sundew tank, which they share with warm-loving plants like D. petiolaris complex species, D. burmannii, D. sessilifolia, Byblis liniflora and Byblis filifolia 'Small Form'.

Only time will tell if they will survive long-term, this species has a reputation for being very tricky to keep. At the moment they seem to be growing well and one plant has a flower bud developing.
smile.gif

Vic

The most I have ever paid for a Pinguicula is $12 for P.gigantea. This was a couple of years ago and the plant was only about an inch in diameter.

My P. moranensis was $8 and my P. primulifolia was free.

Back