What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did it!

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I recieved a P. agnata in a trade with Pyro a while ago. When I got the plant in the mail it had around eight leaves, and four of them fell off when I took the plant out of the bag. I decided to try leaf cuttings, and thus consulted the Savage Garden. I laid the cuttings in pure vurmiculite that was about 3/4 inches deep, and just barely covered each leaf with the vermiculite. They all died except for one, which did multiple plantlets on the one leaf. It has now been potted and is growing happily next to it's mom's pot. Thanks pyro!

Later,
WEs

Good going Wes. It's always nice to get extra plants though leaf cuttings, etc. My last attempt at this method you described had mixed results... I had pleanty of plantlets, but left them on the vermiculite too long, and lost a few.

-Homer

Sad, I had mine in the vermiculite, for maybe a month or two. I needed the pot they were in, and so I was finally motivated to repot them.

Back