What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. caerulea

I recently bought this plant from Cooks Carnivores, and it seems to have produced a plantlet.  I wasn't aware that this species produces plantlets...    Your thoughts?

caerulea.jpg

Homer

I have a similar story. Awhile ago someone posted that they got P. caerulea from Lowes. So I picked up one. In a short while it flowered. Just another P. primuliflora. Can't tell by the picture because so many of them look alike - but plantlets usually indicate a primuliflora. I also posted about whether Pings produced plantlets. Someone replied that it could be ionatha - but it was just a primuliflora. Let is know when it flowers.

Could also be a volunteer seedling. I've had my own Pinguicula caerulea do just that, more than once.

I got a P. ionantha at lowes once. I thought it was a P. primuliflora until it bloomed.

The way the larger leaves curl and twist above the little plantlet, put me most in mind that it is, perhaps, Pinguicula primuliflora.

I hope its not a primuliflora.  It doesn't look like my primuliflora that I have... its leaves (the one in the picture) are very twisted compared to my other pings.  Looks healthy though...

-Homer

Back