What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. casabitoana

some people might know im in the dominican republic right now and i did some research and came across this ping (p.casabitoana) it looks real coool and only native to the dominican republic. if anyone has any info id like to know more.

Here she (or he)(or both) is:
P_casabitoensis_flower(LR).jpg

another pic  
biggrin.gif
: **
plant%20from%20DRCopy.jpg

**For better viewing tilt head to the left

wow, what amazing plant, never heard of that species before!

wow.. that's awesome! epps. are cool! i wish i had one of those babies!

Very nice! What conditions was it growing in?

Unfortunately i didnt get to see it, i'm gonna go over to that area when i go back next december. I doubt its growing in full sun, but then again im no expert on pings
confused.gif
The temperature in the dominican republic is steady at about 90 degrees plus or minus a few degrees. The suns way too hot and if it lives in full sun its probably bomb proof.

I love meeting rare and new plants. Thanks for sharing this photo. It's sort of gypsicolaish, isn't it!

Great Find! Thanks for sharing that.

The second photo is one I posted originally some months ago. It was shot by a Canadian bird watcher while he was in DR (and before anyone asks, no I can not say who or how to contact him.) He did not provide any real information on climate and such other than to say he was in the cloud forests when he came across them. Currently there are 5 know locations for this plant though one of them may be destroyed and two of the others might actualy be the same.

yeah i was in hurricane george and it was crazy. i'll see
smile_m_32.gif
im going back to the dominican republic in december and thats the first thing im gonna check out. I'll be sure to write down as much info about them as i can and be as accurate as i can so i can bring back and record some data about them because i couldn't find alot
confused.gif
if in the locations i go looking in, there are alot, i just might take one... hehe

wow.. he said "we should kiss this species goodbye" i really hope there are some. i'm making it a mission to find some. If i barely find any, i'm gonna bring back some seeds and try to germinate them. then i'll give them out on the forums, and spread the species out, i wanna do the best to save it. i'll put the seeds in my pocket, i dont think they'll set off the metal detectors.. lol

I posted in the General Discussions section about how im looking for this plant to reintroduce:
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=14466

I'm another "other one". Those guidelines are sensible and wise, and Seb's advice very good. Is there something in those guidelines that you disagree with? What's with that comment?

yeah whatsup with that? i'm "another one" too. are you suggesting that he poaches, alphredo?

alfredo, lay off i do plan to follow those guidelines. it may seem that they are on my back but they just want to make sure that i dont do anything stupid. its all right. don't worry guys, i can recite those guidelines backwards if i have to.

Great. Good to hear Amateur_Expert!!
smile.gif

Back