What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird

Hello!

It's been a while since I haven't posted anything, and something strange happened in the meantime.
My P.Moranensis is growing like there's no tomorrow! Definitively my fastest grower right now, while Primulaflora just seems to be dying...
And here I thought I was being foolish with trying out another pings...I had figured I would never manage with them.
Moranensis is even giving a nice long flower stalk with a pretty purple flower that's been lasting for about a week now, incredible! =D

primuliflora sort of reminds me of adelea, it grows well the it dies and comes back etc etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Primulaflora just seems to be dying...

Just raise the water table so that its almost a semi-aquatic and hope for the best!

-Homer

Tried that before, didn't seem to help any...

i grow mine in typical lowland conditions, not on the tray system. basically, i grow them with my nepenthes.

My primuliflora has been alive for 14 months now. It has done well on a window sill, open tray, southeastern exposure through trees. I add water once a week, so it experiences varied water levels. It only looked ragged after sending up 8 flowers during Autumn and several plantlets. After a resting period it resumed flowering and plantlets in February. It is now producing flowers and plantlets. My Mexican pings, moranensis included, are doing well with the same approach.

Hmm, maybe its the top layer of live sphagnum moss that prevents my primulaflora from rotting. Are you using live sphagnum as part of your mix?

-Homer

I'm using WET peat and I have it in a windowsill... it's virtually immortal. plantlets everywhere too! (if anybody wants to trade, I have some :p also U. gibba )

My general formula for cp's is to mix sand and peat - and then topdress with LFS. It's my unsophisticated attempt to mimic nature. It seems to work most of the time.

Back