What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. cyclosecta

yay it flowered how do you get the seeds
i dont have a photo because my camra broke
[xx]
-
----

Hey TT
Ummmm, I think you mean P. cyclosecta. You don't really need to get seeds from this species because the succulent leaves will readily produce new plantlets if you pluck them off and put them on suitable substrate. If you really want to get seed, I'd recommend reading the Savage Garden, or refer to sources on the net, which are full of information.
Enjoy the flowers!

Amori

Yes, he does mean P. cyclosecta
But then, you arnt good at latin, isnt thta right, micheal?
smile_n_32.gif

lol dont start
anyway dose it change rosset for winter

Hi TT
I think it really all depends on the photoperiod. It is however a Mexican Ping, and will definitely turn into a succulent some time or another. It's definitely worth waiting considering getting plants from seed can take a while: pollination--ripe seed--germination--nice-sized plant.
Leaf cuttings will take off in no more than a month usually, and make bigger plants quicker, in my experience. There are reasons why cuttings are a preferred method of propagation!
smile.gif

You can also try plucking a carnivorous leaf and propagate it, the only difference being that it contains less water and is thinner, so if you don't keep it alive for enough time it will just shrivel up. I have had success doing this, just not as much as with succulent leaves.

Cheers!

Amori

ok thanks for your help
ill wait till it goes succulent

Back