What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for some other easy pings.........

im starting to make up my wishlist for next year. ive never thought much about Pings but the last few months the couple i have are delighting me in a continuous showing of flowers. so are there any other fairly free flowering species and hybrids other than the ones i currently have: moranensis, moranensis x elherseae and 'Aphrodite'.

'Weser' and 'Sethos' are just about the easiest Pings around, and flower continually for a few months(I had 20 flowers on my 'Weser') then they have a break and resume flowering like mad after a while. Flowers are moranensis like and are pink.

P. primuliflora are the easiest for me. I bought one two Augusts ago, as a total newbie and several plantlets & flowers later.... it is still doing fine.

sorry Jim but primuliflora is one of those that i just cant grow. i guess i may have to find someone with a good strong clone and try it again.

Moranensis x agnata is my easiest(thanks Jim!)

If you're having problems with P. primuliflora, I'd give it a shot again. From my experience, they enjoy:
Warm conditions;
Waterlogged substrate;
Which is domestic (USA) LFS;
In a shallow container (they were happy in a 2"-deep tray!).
Good luck on your search!

Amori

Amori, thats how i grow most of my species. although some are in peat mixes, a few are in coco-peat but all are in house hold temps, kept waterlogged by sitting in 1 inch or deeper water (other than my Neps and U. asplundii). i may just have had some weak clones. maybe ill have to bum a plantlet off of Jim in the spring
smile_m_32.gif

Rattler,  Sethos are attractive little plants and very easy to grow.  I grow mine outside.

It is a good eater.
P3100041.sized.jpg

Six months later.
PC050016.sized.jpg

The flower
5_G.sized.jpg

'Sethos', primuliflora, ionantha, lutea and pumila flower regularly for me.
smile.gif

-Homer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 20 2004,5:54)]Amori, thats how i grow most of my species. although some are in peat mixes, a few are in coco-peat but all are in house hold temps, kept waterlogged by sitting in 1 inch or deeper water (other than my Neps and U. asplundii). i may just have had some weak clones. maybe ill have to bum a plantlet off of Jim in the spring
smile_m_32.gif
I think we can work something out!
smile.gif

Very nice Lauderdale! Mine did the same thing (clumped) this year and I now have 6 new plants plus the original has devided again into a clump of four plants. Then there's the seedlings........

Back