What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula mutant leaf

I like your ideas Larry and SunPitcher!

Amori

I´ll be checking back on the cuttings this Friday, I´m on a fieldcourse abroad (in Mallorca, sunny Spanish island) and will get back tomorrow. Hopefully my brother hasn´t messed around with it too much! Now for some football on the beach and bar-hopping.

Cheers!

Amori

A sunny Spanish Island sure sounds good! Do you miss the Michigan Winters?

Suffering in Michigan aka Glenn
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Glenn @ Jan. 14 2005,5:00)]A sunny Spanish Island sure sounds good! Do you miss the Michigan Winters?

Suffering in Michigan aka Glenn
smile_m_32.gif
I think I miss the Frederik Meijer Gardens, my friends, and my girlfriend in particular over the weather (though I sure did enjoy the snow).

I'm back in gloomy England, and have checked the mutant cutting. So far so good, there's a nice green lump forming. I've noticed that this one is taking one heck of a long time compared to the normal leaf cuttings -- they're already sporting 1"+ plantlets and growing fast!

Amori

Shokuchuu, what has happened with this mutant leaf-cutting?

I am very curious about it.
smile.gif

Unfortunately, we will need to wait for an older plant to confirm this.

The first leaves produced by leaf cuttings are very often stangely shaped and the next ones are "normal"

This particular cutting is taking its sweet time. It does have an enlargening green bulge, and looks as though the leaves will ultimately be normal. Will report back if anything otherwise happens, which I doubt. Worth the effort though I guess.

Hello guys! This mutant leaf is very interresting, I did not know this can happen. Very interresting.

Amori, just let us know your progress:)

Back