What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. immaculata

I just had to take a picture today of this tiny immaculata flower. I didn't realize that the flower would be as big as the plant itself
smile_n_32.gif

The plant you see here is in a 2" pot. Is this a normal flowering size for a immaculata?

immaculata.jpg

Homer

Good growing!

To answer your question. Yes.

Nice job.

Love your pic, I totally want this plant.

How do you grow it?

I have around 6 Mexican Ping species, would you say that this species is easy to keep or does it require more care than say an esseriana or a rotundiflora?

Is it easy to reproduce this species?

Thanks for the info.

For me it has been as easy as any other Mexican Pinguicula to cultivate. It also propagates by leaf cuttings (pullings) just as easily as other Mexican Pinguicula.

I had no idea it was such a miniature....very nice.

Cheers,

Joe

Very nice Homer! That is wonderful.

Ugh, it looks like you hawked one on the soil and stuck a flower in it!
smile_t_32.gif

Are the purple points Summer leaves starting to grow out?
If one pollinates their plants and gets seed...is that...

"The Immaculate Conception?"

smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

The petiole is very thick (succulent-like) and covered with white reflective hairs and even mostly subterranean. Even though they are very small they seem to be well protected from drying. I'm guessing that since the lamina is so tiny that prey does not play a significant part in this species life cycle.

Its kind of an ugly Ping now isn't it. Nice size and flowers though.

Despite my phlegm joke(I was kidding), I think it's a neat plant...I imagine you would need to liquify it's food(or when you cut yourself...)?

I never actually fed those pings... maybe they'll really take off and there might even be signs of visible growth if I fed them. Who knows?

Anyway, thanks for all your responses. I can't believe I had this plant for 6 months and yet knew nothing about it
smile_l_32.gif

Homer

Back