What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P.primulflora

I have several P. primulflora. So far,they have not flowered. They are about 3.5 inches in diameter. I have had them one year now. Can anyone tell how I can get them to flower?

I just kept mine open tray, at a window sill, varying the water level. It flowered profusely.

one year
smile_k_ani_32.gif
congrats, i cant keep this dang species alive for more than a month.......im hoping its weak clones and not my growing ability thats the problem
smile_m_32.gif
ive had much better luck with moranensis and its various hybrids, they bloom virtually non-stop for me. hope yah get it figured out

Lots and lots of light.

I got one two months ago knowing (and still knowing) almost nothing about pings, and it just flowered the other day. I gave it lots of light... so I think pingman is onto something.

I got mine to flower pretty easily, even though I didn't used to keep them in the right conditions... right now I have one in a temperate fluorescent tank with some other plants. Hasn't flowered yet, but it's doing very well, lots of dew. Full description of the setup can be found in the weird text in the last page of the pictures thread in the Greenhouses forum.

EDIT: BTW, I believe it's "primuliflora".

Back