What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula cultivation web page

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
I've been thinking about cultivation, "How to" pages for a long time now. I've finally started putting something together. What do you think?

My Pinguicula cultivation page

The Drosera link leads to the Pinguicula page and the Pinguicula link leads to a url not found page. Otherwise, I like it.

The Drosera page is still a work in progress. For now it is just a copy of the Pinguicula page in an earlier incarnation.

Josef,

Your page is very clear and hepfull.
smile_m_32.gif
and is common also with my feeling.

This year, I put all my Mexican in my garage to lower the price of my petroleum heater with temperature around 10°C, and artificial light.

I found that the plants came into resting rosette later than in the past in a cold greenhosue with low temperature (October in the greenhouse - December in the garage).

Maybe this will induce a late waking up than usual I don't know yet.

But this help in longering the growing period and give larger resting rosettes.

I am still using a calcareous mix or even pure gypsum (saccaroid form) for some species well know.

The water is rain (polluted) water as I live in the suburbs of Paris but have no problem with the plants except that this water can bring weed seeds to germinate.

Gopher it!

So far so good.
smile.gif

Homer

Thank you all for the feedback.

Looks good, P-man....
As soon as I get another Pinguicula I will try to apply some of the things you covered on the page
biggrin.gif

Pings are one of my favorites. Your site will be very helpful to me.
Keep up the good work.

Back