Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Propagating Pinguicula 'Sethos'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be a "secret" for some reason, but pings grow really well under a pair of cool white bulbs. Better than any other cp , at least as far as I have noticed.
    What size Sterilite containers are those?
    Very nice, Joe.
    Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall how long did it take you to propagate? How many leaf cuttings did you take? How many plants did you originally start off with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Griffin > This is the Sterilite container I used in this instance:

- - - - - -

ALLOSAURZ > Several years ago I started with one I received by trade. I kept it in a ziploc bag with a little LFS in the bottom (no pot), clothes-pinned to a fluorescent fixture for about 18 months. When it was blooming I opened the top of the bag so the flower could open freely. Then as I potted this lone plant I removed most of its older leaves, about 15. I kept those in a ziploc bag with a little slightly moist LFS. After small plantlets had formed, I removed them, planted them together in a community pot and then returned the leaves to the ziploc to form more plants. This was my first practice at propapgating Pinguicula 'Sethos'.

- - - - - -

These trays of individually potted plants were transplanted from this community tray about 4 weeks ago:

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a close-up of one of the three trays shown earlier in this thread. The photo was taken using flash lighting:

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should do that. Oh well I will continue to use "winter leaves"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally get almost zero "winter leaves" under my growing conditions, so waiting for them before I propagate, would, essentially, leave me nothing to propagate.

I find that leaves from small to medium size plantlets are, at least, "just as good". This way, the more I propagate, the more I have to propagate more with.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Mar. 09 2005,9:43)]It seems to be a "secret" for some reason, but pings grow really well under a pair of cool white bulbs. Better than any other cp , at least as far as I have noticed.
    What size Sterilite containers are those?
    Very nice, Joe.
    Cheers,

Joe
    I certainly noticed that my P. primuliflora have been doing EXTREMELY well since I built my indoor greenhouse.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 14 2005,10:17)]I certainly noticed that my P. primuliflora have been doing EXTREMELY well since I built my indoor greenhouse.
    but they are weird......one minute they are dead the next they are growing like mad
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast