What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula moranensis

This is not necessarily the most exciting of all Mexican Pinguicula, but it is the one that got me interested in Mexican pings in general.

This is my first attempt at posting photos so please bear with me if it does not work the first time around.

Here are my plants immediately after repotting them into a 5 inch azalea pot in March of 2005:
pinguiculamoranensismarch.jpg

Here is a photo of the same plants taken about 1.5 weeks ago.  The leaf edges actually have much more of a bronze tinge than you can see here.  Some newer leaves are notched due to an accidental break in culture when I allowed the pot to go too dry:
pinguiculamoranensisedited1.jpg

And an alternate view of the latter.  Remnants of freeze-dried bloodworms can be seen on the leaves:
pinguiculamoranensisedited2.jpg

I will post an updated picture a soon as they flower.

Take care,
Corey

Hey, I think they are pics! They go well with bleu cheese!
smile_m_32.gif

Does this mean that the pics are viewable then?  Hmmm...I guess that ping salad should be the plate of the day!  But I was thinking more of a simple vinaigrette...  
smile_m_32.gif

Uh oh. You just offended the Californian contingent among us. They use Ranch!
biggrin.gif

Yup, they're definitely visible. You should see the ping pics of Cindy, our Singapore Moderator. She has heart-shaped patterns of freeze-dried bloodworms on the leaves. Cool and yet scary at the same time.

Very nice! Those are some beauties!

Back