What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ping

Ok i got this ping at the philly flower show and it was labeled mexican ping so i got it and after a month of growing it, it grew alot bigger.heres a picture of it. I was wondering what exactly species it was . hopefully the picture isnt blurry.
IMG_0003.jpg

No way to say for certain without more observational information, especially observation of the flowers (Mexican Pinguicula are quite well known for having extremely variable foliage). Looks like it might possibly be, not a species at all, but perhaps, Pinguicula 'Titan' (a cultivar selected from a hybrid group). To my eye it has a resemblance to this cultivar, but that may just be a trick of its current growing conditions. It appears to be growing in somewhat low light.

maybe i should move it. i have it growing on a windowsill that doesnt gets dull lighting. when it flowers i could post another picture so it would help identify it.

Looks like the commonly tissue cultured clone of moranensis. Doesn't seem to have the distinct petiole of 'Titan', but pic is a bit blurred.

hmm well it could be whatever as i dont know .

I would recommend looking through BobZ's photo finder to see if you can find a photo that looks exactly like yours. If you have a photo of yours or very good visual memory.

looks like moranensis to me. It might be 'Titan' though. I have not seen the carnivorous leaves of mine yet.

Back