What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooting unrooted pings

I know pings from cutting swill root if you stick them on top of the soil. But since I have a fully mature plant I just got today would it work ot put it in a terrarium that has barely damp milled sphagnum? Or should I take it out and stick it in some soil so it will root? Anyone?

Mexican pings don't have much of a root system and I have found them to be user friendly in just moving them around and ploppingthem on top of media, with little attempt to to fill in around them. In contrast, a mature P. primuliflora, which has a more developed root system, will go into shock if uprooted. In general, if it has a developed root system, treat with more care. Cover with media and keep wet at first.

It;s a mexican hybrid with no roots but obviously mature. If that helps.

You can do pretty much anything you want with it. Just place it on moist media. They're real easy.

itought they rooted best with their winter rosettes??

I have rooted Mexican pings with both leaves. I will pluck off a leaf from time to time and tuck the tip under some LFS. After a few weeks new plants are emerging.

I think it has rooted. The plant was whole without any roots

then that gives me hope for my mexican ping i accedentaly ripped out of the soil

Back