What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double sided

Is there any Pings that are sticky on both sides of the leaves? I would like to get one like this but I don't know which one to look for.
Thanks,
Dewy

I have heard that some clones (but not all) of Pinguicula gigantea and P. agnata are sticky on both sides.

my P. gigantea has about 25% of the glands on the underside of their leaves as on top. the top of the lamina is VERY gooey though.

it's an AL #3

P. vallisnerfolia (sp?) or the Spanish butterwort is sticky all over. It's leaves are long and upright, reminiscent of D. capensis. Good luck finding it!
~Joe

Dewy, I gotta ask.. how does one suddenly, randomly decide, "I want a Ping with grease on both sides"?

FTG -Because it would be interesting to have a ping with goo on both sides versus 1 side.

It might be useful to have them outside with other CP's that are susceptible to aphids. Just a thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 13 2005,5:51)]It might be useful to have them outside with other CP's that are susceptible to aphids. Just a thought.
That is what I thought of also.

A little late, but P. gigantea, P. longifolia subsp. longifolia, and Pinguicula agnata CSUF are listed on A World of Pinguicula as having glands on both sides.

My Pinguicula gigantea (A.L.#3), which I originally received from Edward Read, has a full compliment of glands on both sides of its leaves.

Back