What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pic of my smallest ping

here is my lil P. 'Yucca Do 1717', not growing very fast but it does look nice even if it is the littlest of my 5 Pings. im hoping the dried blood worm feedings will kick in a growth spurt

Picture010.jpg

Ooo, that's very nice! Looks similar to my p. esseriana, though more red.

I hope it grows well enough that you can share some clones at some point!

Very nice Sheridan! It has that pink grapefruit look.
biggrin.gif

looking good I have 1715

Nice. Do you dry out the pot during the winter? I'm getting some mexican pings soon, and was wondering how to handle the winter growth phase.

Brian

mine havent gone dormant. i basically grow P. moranensis and various hybrids with it. they dont seem to mind not going dormant so far. i know other species are quite picky about getting their dormancy though

I think I have that one...I can't remember all the numbers. But it looks just like yours. Its a tiny lil' thing but very pretty.

If I don't get a new camera soon I am going to DIE.
confused.gif

I love it. It reminds me of esseriana, which is my fav. I like them because they look more like flowers, especially with the nice pink/red coloring.

There are huge mounds of these along with the other Yucca-Do's in the back greenhouses of the Atlanta Botanical Gardens including some mutant wavy fan shaped crested plants. Most of the plants are the unidnetified species that looks like a pale P.cyclosecta. There are also a few hybrids. Mass flowerings are incredible. The yucca-do in the picture is a plant that many people have identified as possibly being P. debbertiana, a species similar to P. esseriana and P. ehlersiae.

Back