What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. gypsicola

Just wanted to share a picture of the first flower that my P. gypsicola has given me. I have attempted to pollinate the flower by hand so I will have to wait and see if I get seed.

d1b2a463.jpg

and a picture of the actual plant

P.jpg

Wow! That's an awesome ping! Pretty purple flower too! I can't wait for my pings to flower, though it's gonna be a while since I'm growing them from seeds. Lol. Good luck on the successful pollination.

GOD! i want one of those so bad! looks like a drosera on steroids! FANTASTIC!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 05 2005,8:13)]GOD! i want one of those so bad! looks like a drosera on steroids! FANTASTIC!!!
Yeah what he said, only less graphically! Congratulations!

Beautiful plant and flower. Thanks for posting! Aren't ping flowers the best?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ispahan @ July 05 2005,9:05)]Beautiful plant and flower.  Thanks for posting!  Aren't ping flowers the best?
It makes up for their otherwise drab leaves!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ July 05 2005,8:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 05 2005,8:13)]GOD! i want one of those so bad! looks like a drosera on steroids! FANTASTIC!!!
Yeah what he said, only less graphically! Congratulations!
Youll be very jelous of me then, because I can get one any time I want from Oliver Gluch  
smile_m_32.gif

If you like that one then try P.heterophylla aswell, heres a pic:

http://www-cp.stech.co.jp/cp/img/ping/P-heterophylla03.jpg

http://home.sdirekt-net.de/mwelge5....all.jpg

2 pics actually
biggrin.gif

lol
Il try to get pic of mine up later
BTW my avatar is P.heterophylla, but thats not my plant or pic

interestingly enough, i've never cared for flowers. i always thought the leaves on pinguicula and the stolons on utrics were the cool part.

i usually cut off my ping flowers to save them a little bit of energy.

BTW heterophyllas leaves are 6 inches long or more when its fully mature.....Ive heard gypsicola is a lot smaller then that

I actually thought it was a Drosera adelae before the whole pic loaded. Kinda confused me there for a second.

Thanks for all the comments. It appears as if pollination was succesful, for the flower has lost its petals. I will have to wait a little while longer to see if I can get some viable seed.

did you self it or cross it?

Back