What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. 'aphrodite' leaf cuttings

I transplanted my P. 'Aphrodite' not too long ago, and a couple leaves got separated from the plant. So, I stuck the ends about 1/4 inch into the medium and forgot about them. As you can see, the young plants are doing quite well! Forget about high humidity, or the need for "winter leaves". Mexican Pings are turning into one of my favorite CPs to cultivate.

happy growing,

Homer

aphroditecuttings.jpg

all my mexican pings ROT! sure every cephalotus cutting i've ever made strikes, but mexican pings? nope.

whats the secret? i've tried every method.

hehe, mine make plantlets with out even trying..

Rain knocks leaves off and they start growing plantlets.
My P. 'Aphrodite' cutting started in 2 weeks. I just put the in LFS that I use as a top dressing in all my pots...
The ones in the terrarium seem to start the quickest. and I can set them in the LFS so I can see the tip from the outside of the tank so I can check for new growth.

Good job Homer.
I've also found it very easy to propagate Mexican pings.

How are you growing them JLAP? Perhaps it's lack of air circulation causing your rot? I've never had a ping cutting fail!

Capslock

I have mixed success with ping cuttings, but Wicked Thistle mentioned about putting leaves in moist media, in a baggie and letting propgate that way.

1 part each sand, perlite, vermiculite, peat.

warm temps, high humidity, however theres a fan so i get great air circulation. terrarium is partially covered.

What a beauty, Homer!  The P. 'Aphrodite' that I received from you a while back is thriving and is currently flowering.  It is one of my favorites.

Cheers,
Corey

I'm glad the P. 'Aphrodite' is doing well for you Corey.
smile.gif

-Homer

Back