What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping seedlings

I've got some P. lusitanica seeds (thanks to elgecko) in a tray and they've been there for a few weeks and no germination has ocurred and they've been out there since 6/27 and I'm getting a little worried. Anyways, I've never seen a ping seedling before and I just wanted to know if anyone had any pics of them.

Also, I was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to germinate. Thanks.

~Kyle~

I'm not sure how long they take to germinate.
Here's a picture of one's that germinated not to long ago.
133PLseedlings.jpg

Wow! They're so small but you can actually kind of tell that they are lusitanica. Only because P. lusitanica's leaves are so curled. Thanks for posting the pic!

Oh man.... *tries to hide his excitement* I THINK TWO LUSITANICA SEEDS GERMINATED!!! WOOOOO!! This is AWESOME!!

I'm not 100% sure on this yet but I'm at least 80%! They're REALLY REALLY tiny and I had to look soooooooooo close to see them but I should know if they actually are little baby lusitanica seeds by tomorrow morning!!! YAAAYY!!

My score this year is 2-0! 2 success - 0 failure!! WOO FINALLY!

BTW, sorry for double posting. ^_^;

Mine are starting to germinate as well. Oh so tiny still, but they are the only thing in the pot besides some inadvertance mushrrrom fruits. LOL had two pots starts fruiting from the plastic film on top and sitting in the window sill. No they are in the GH with no plastic on top and sprouting. Beginers luck.

Mine are outside where it's hot and humid and I NEVER let the soil dry out, it seems to be working well! My only worry was the seeds washing away since I had to water from the top. Apparently they didn't wash away! It's so hard to see the little things... I need a magnifying glass....

Congrats on yours germinating too!

It's always so rewarding seeing seeds germinate. Too bad it takes so darn long for the seedlings to mature!

Heh...I have bad news, I think they're dead. None of them germinated it was just a bunch of weeds, I brought them inside and put a heating pad below the tray and it's under a plant light, I keep it covered and really wet but it just doesn't seem to be working. The reason I brought them inside is because it keeps getting well over 90 degrees and I think that may be the reason that they aren't germinating. *sigh* So unlucky...

Bah, that's always bad news! Sorry to hear about that Chrono. Better luck next time.

Actually, I just looked at them again and I see 5 little green specs but I can't really tell if they are weeds or not... and it's really getting me angry because no matter how long I stare at them (record: 23 minutes), I can't figure out if they are just weeds or not! GRRR I HATE WEEDS!

Back