What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a pinguicula

Hi, i need help with a pinguicula moranensis, i love it, i want it grow big and healthy, what i need to do?, wen i buy the plants all was full of fungus gnat, so im going to change the old peat, for a new one, a mix 70% silica sand and 30% peat moss sphangum is ok?, tks to all.

That should work fine. In "Savage Garden" there's a picture of one growing in an abalone shell so I really don't think you should worry about the medium. Just make sure it's got good drainage. 70% 30% will have good drainage so yeah it should work.

For my Mexican Pings, I mix together equal parts peatmoss, pumice, silica sand, perlite, and I almost forgot, vermiculite! This has produced some nice results. I recommend rinsing it all very well before potting up the moranensis.

best of luck,

Homer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (homer @ July 25 2005,6:32)]For my Mexican Pings, I mix together equal parts peatmoss, pumice, silica sand, perlite, and I almost forgot, vermiculite!  This has produced some nice results.  I recommend rinsing it all very well before potting up the moranensis.

best of luck,

Homer
You know Homer, comments like that could force another "what do you pot your ping's in?" debate. ;) I can think of more than two handful's of people who all use different media. And that my friends is one of the reasons I love Pinguicula.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
You know Homer, comments like that could force another "what do you pot your ping's in?" debate. ;)

I hope not. I'm not one for a debate.

I mix all i found and i give him a lot of love = ).

Sounds like the first mixture I used for ping's windplant. ;)

Just remember, most CP's like lot's of love from a distance. They like it when you pay attention to them, but also seem to like being left alone to do their own thing.

ok, i dont wach them more than 6 hour per day = ), they are really interesting, i wach them all day, but maybe they need be calmfull, hehe.

Back