What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 growth points?

My Pinguicula 'Mola' is forming leaves from 3 places on top now, can't say I have ever noticed that in any pictures I have seen. Is that something common?

I wish I could take a picture, but I lost the charger for my camera.

Does it look like the crown has split into 3 growing points?
This is normal, Pinguicula will occasionally split crowns
When they get bigger and form root systems you can tear them apart(if they wont pull apart even after you have pulled fairly hard, then they arnt ready to be seperated)
Youre so lucky to be able to get a P.'Mola', Ive wnated one for 2 years but its a hybrid found mainly in america so...
smile_h_32.gif

Yeah, it is actually 4 points now tho. I'm hoping it'll start sending up flowers soon, seeing 4 flowers on it would be really neat.

kinda but the P. 'Mola' has more compact leaves.

Thats what it looked like before it split. Really wish I could find the charger for my camera batteries... I could post a new picture...

*edit* Hmm the camera had enough juice to snap acouple pictures but I can't get it to focus good enough to show the different points. here is the best one I got.. I think you can kind of see it.

Back