What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jade plants

hey guys.i would like to see everyones jade plant.. i really like jades. so if u could post up some pics

thanks

Brad

Here's my plant:

jade1web.jpg

jade2web.jpg

I just repotted it.

-Ben

sweet..what type is it do u know? how old is it?

thanks

Brad

It's Crassula 'Gollum' (also called the 'Finger Jade'.) Young plants I think have red inside of the little divets, and also when older plants are in bright light. I have no idea as to how old it is, and I can't remember when I bought it. 'Prolly still quite young though, since it isn't really a giant bush yet.

-Ben

Doesn't anyone else have jade plants?!?!?

-Ben

i dont but its pretty

how often should u/i repot a jade? my jade is root bound but idk if it needs repotted yet or not.

thanks

Brad

port. afra (elephant bush) horrible bonsai
IMG_1115.jpg

finger jade
IMG_1116.jpg

nice..i love em..i will put a pic of mine up someday..lol

thanks

Brad

well heres one of my jades..also my oldest one
IMG_2174.jpg

and a close up
IMG_2176.jpg

so anyone have anythoughts? i kinda want to split this up up so it isnt so crowded i think theres 7-12 good growths in that one pot.

thanks

Brad

If it were my plant, I would take a couple of cuttings to thin out the original and to start some new plants with. Leave most of the original intact. Then I would put it into a much larger ceramic or clay pot. Something nice and decorative that will last for years. And let it get really big. There is something about a large jade plant in a nice heavy pot that I find very pleasing. With those thick stems that get almost trunk-like they remind me of baobab trees or something.

That's my idea. I think I am going to do that with mine. I have a large jade growing in the ground in front of my house. I have about a gazillian cuttings from it all over the place too. I think it is the same kind as the one in your pictures. It is in the shade and needs to be out in the light. Someone gave it to me years ago in this weird plastic container that wasn't really a pot for plants and that was falling apart from the sun light. I set it down where it is now and the plastic just dissentegrated. And there it stayed until you just inspired me to do something with it. Thanks Spike!

here's my jade, Crassula 'Hobbit Ear' (or as I fondly refer to him, 'Shrek'). this is his baby picture, he's about 4" tall now and actually developing a trunk. i also recently acquired a variegated (green and white) jade but unfortunately i don't have a picture of it yet, that one is about 300 miles away at home right now! the other plant is a very young mamillaria, he's also grown a good two inches since the picture was taken.

jadecactus.jpg

ef5b3714.jpg
My little baby Jade plant

Great plants everyone. It's making me want a Jade Plant!

Don't have a pic of mine yet, will have to take one tonight.

My understanding is that Jade plants liek to be a bit root bound and can endur it for several years. I recently repotted mine, because I had three trees in one pot and wanted to seperate it, so it's kind a limp and sad at the moment.

Back