What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cereus

I have just rooted a few cuttings from a Cereus (night-blooming cactus related to X-mas cactus). I was wondering if anyone has grown these before and can give me a few pointers.
Brian

I have a giant mother plant.

I grow it in full sun, 50/40/10 perlite, peat, orchid bark. Fertilize heavily. Water.. whenever.

That soil mix isn't an exact measurment. I just eyeballed it and it's been about 6 months ago.

Don't water too much or the bottom of the plant will rot. Super easy to grow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tbone @ Nov. 18 2006,3:34)]I have just rooted a few cuttings from a Cereus (night-blooming cactus related to X-mas cactus).  I was wondering if anyone has grown these before and can give me a few pointers.
Brian
i'm not sure i understand which cacti do you have... 'couse "night-blooming cactus is selenicereus grandiflorus and "X-mas cactus" is schlumbergera truncata. and care of these three cactuses are different.

Back