What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bee thing on a Euphorbia flower

Here's a pic from summer of a bee thingy on one of my Euphorbia's flowers.

euphorbbee.jpg

Before I took this pic, I was thinking, "How could anything be attracted to such green, dull flowers?" Then I saw this lil' guy and quickly snapped a pic. Kind of weird how that happened.

Anyone know what kind of bug this is?

-Ben

Cuckoo wasp. those things are scary...the stingers can move around like a tail!!
Alex

EDIT: fixed spelling. its also called the jewl wasp.

Yeah, that's prolly it.

Here's just another pic of the flower:

HW2_5134.jpg

-Ben

f***ing bees. give me nuclear war before bees. so much hate...

that picture made my skin crawl. then glider had that lovely stinger comment.

I love those things!
smile.gif

Especially when I'm sitting outside and I can see them buzzing around, then designating a picture, and then dying.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Meaven @ Jan. 05 2007,10:57)]f***ing bees. give me nuclear war before bees. so much hate...

that picture made my skin crawl. then glider had that lovely stinger comment.
I'm glad you like the picture.
smile.gif

-Ben

you just dont like wasps. Honey Bee's are harmless unless they are africanized. Most wasps even dont have that bad of a temperment its just when you swat at a wasp or something they sting. ITs when you get stressed around wasp like insects is when they get into stinging mode. Honey bee's are the most docile. They are just confused, yellow striped.

Nice picture but this is the farthes thing form a bee!

Hey, what do I know? If it flies and doesn't look like a fly, it's a bee. Unless it's a beetle. Or a wasp. Or some other stuff.

-Ben

Back