What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newest Members Of The Spikey Family

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Heres few pics of some of my newest spikey family members, hubby felt real bad for them as they were what was left over from the spring shipment at wallyworld, they had them in a tray of water that was sitting on the floor under a rack of other plants they couldnt get rid of in a dark corner. So he got me these as i picked out the nicest ones that wernt rotted and or wilted.

This was right after i repotted them, they were so wet they soaked the new media i planted um in, pics taken as the sun was going down. Not sure what types they are but i really dont care atleast now they will be properly cared for and recive sun light like they should.

CactusF1.jpg

CactusF.jpg

cactus082.jpg

cactus083.jpg

cactus084.jpg

cactus085.jpg

These 2 were in the same pot but look alittle diffrent from each other, the bigger one is much more colorful in sunlight.
CactusA.jpg

CactusB.jpg

Then i came across this beauty in the far back of the tray
Cactuscc.jpg

CactusC.jpg

CactusDD.jpg

CactusD.jpg

CactusEE.jpg

CactusE.jpg

Now this cactus is not mine nor are the pics but none the less it is one of the most BEAUTIFUL cactuses i have ever seen and hopefully i will have one soon. This is also a link to see more pics of it and learn more about it..
http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/EC...nus/Echinocereus_rigidissimus_rubrispinus.htm

Echinocereus rigidissimus var. rubrispinus "The Rainbow Cactus"
RainbowHedgehogcactus.jpg

2006_11_0102-vi.jpg

and beautiful blooms,
713px-Echinocereus_rigidissimus_ssp.jpg

I hope to add one of those beautiful gems to my ever growing cactus family SOON!!

ENJOY!!!!!:-D

Realy nice plants. It past some time since i stoped growing these but i think i still know the genders...somebody correct me if i'm wrong!
1...cereus
3...ferocactus (latispinus?)
5...mammillaria
7...astrophytum (capricorne?)
9...mammillaria
11....mammillaria
13...mammillaria
knowing the gender you should be able to find them easy

Hello,

1 and 2 are Pilosocereus azureus, and 7 and 8 are some species of gymnocalycium, I think. 13 is a Mammilaria elongata ('Lady Fingers'). All the others (except 3 and 4) do look like Mammilarias, although I'm not so sure. Very nice picks!

And I agree, Cuda. That rainbow cactus is beautiful!

:-D Thanks guys.. I really love the one that has the firey red spines. These were the only ones at wallyworld that didnt look to bad the rest in that tray were rotted or wilted badly do to sitting in water for so long and being in the dark.

Jimmy, i managed to find me 2 of the Echinocereus rigidissimus var. rubrispinus "The Rainbow Cactus" from 2 diffrent growers, im hopping to be able to get them both.. They are very stunning cactuses..

Very nice additions. I really like the look of the second one down. Congrats on the new spiky friends.

The only cactus (other than the ones in the front yard) I have is the rainbow cactus. It is amazing. There is a small botanical garden half a mile away that sells them. It seems to grow quickly.

Amazing cacti, cuda! I really like the one before the Rainbow cactus, looks like a sundew.

Thanks Capensis and feedme...

Well its offical i finaly got me a "Rainbow Cactus" WOOT WOOT!!!:banana2: :boogie: I cant wait till it gets here should be by the end of the week. I will post pics as soon as its here..

Hey feedme,
what sort of cactus potting mix do you use for this type of cactus?? Do you keep yours in full sun or partial sun?? The one thats on its way is supose to be 4 inches tall..

CUDA is doing the happy Rainbow cactus dance WOOT WOOT:banana2: :banana2: :boogie: :jester:

They have punk written all over them!

Back