What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Opuntia White Bunny Ears

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
:-D WOOT i finaly got my first Opuntia Microdasys "White Bunny Ears" Its very very tiny and sooooooooo cute, its only 3 inches tall and growing quickly. This is a pic of it when it came in only a week ago, it was kinda limp bent over and very skinny like it hadnt got enough light, bottom biggest pad was very wrinkled like it need water badly, pads very thin, so i proped it up with sticks and theres a super tiny baby growing next to it.

plants017.jpg

Little tiny baby.
plants021.jpg

and this is how it looks today much better, fatter pads, now standing on its own and WOW looky the size of the babies.:0o: Its only been 1 week since i got it..

Cactiandsucculents3008.jpg

Cactiandsucculents3009.jpg

Its so cute...:-D

Congrats, on your new acquisition. They are a handsome cacti, but have a nasty bite. The glochids (small spines) detach on contact and are quite irritating. Apply duct tape immediately for quick relief.

They are adorable! Very healthy looking.

Watch those glochids FOR SURE. Got some on a finger, rubbed my lip and have had a cyst on my lip for a decade from it. One slight brush will get you so please take care.

Back