What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newest Lithops & E. Obesa

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Heres some pics of my newest Lithops, i have more comming in yet and will get pics of them when they arive.
Theres 2 of the new ones in this pot along with one of the ones i already had that has split and growing new pads. One of the new ones is L. Dorotheae its got drak line/markings on the top and the other new one is L. Lesliei Albinica which is hard to see its a greenish color under this lighting. These will all be repotted come end of spring 09. I had just repotted them and lightly misted them off to remove any dirt particles. I DID NOT water them and wont till spring unless they get wrinkly.
2NewlithopsA.jpg

newLithopsC.jpg

and here in the winter grow chamber #2
LargeEObesaandNewLithops002.jpg

This is the 3rd newest Lithop just after repotting and misting off, its a cool greenish color with speckles and new pads developing/poping out. It has a blueish tinge to the outer pads.
L. Localis
newlithopA.jpg

and side view kinda blurry.:-(
newlithopB.jpg

and this is my larger E. Obesa, its alittle larger than the other baby one i have, this one is 2 1/2 inches tall by 2 1/2 inches wide, it had tiny flowers developing on the top but they didnt make it due to shipping, im hoping its a girl but wont know now till it makes more flowers.
when it first arived
EObesalarge003.jpg

and now just after repotting and misting the dirt off.
newlargerEObesa1.jpg

I will get a pic of both my E. Obesa's side by side so you can see the size diffrence.

ENJOY!!!

VERY nice! Love the lithops x3

I love the look of L. dorotheae. Is that an easy species of lithop? Also what mix do you use for lithops? I am thinking of ordering one but, I can't find that much info on substrate. I love the stones on the top of the plant compared to the soil they were shipped with.

Hi Ant, the Lithops Dorotheae is grown the same as the other lithops as for the rocks those are what i put ontop the pots even the white ones, i dont care for plain potting mix to be shown on top with the Lithops they do so much better with stones around them.
The potting mix im using consists of my own mix made up, 45% desert sand, 25% spag peat, 30% perlite or pumice and about 3% super finely graded orchid bark, bottom of the pot i always use a layer of the white rocks or large chucks of perlite.
I just got in a pot of 24 smaller Lithops Dorotheae some with alittle diffrent color hues to them and nice top markings. Some of these will be sent out to a few of the members here on TF that i have done trades with in the past. Makes for a nice xmass pressy..:-D Now all i need is for the weather to co-operate with me i dont dare ship them back out in this cold even heat packs dont work for as long as ya want um to... Gona take the rest and seperate them into group pots will look nice once i get them done...

Back