What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooting Euphorbia offsets?

Hey guys I've removed a couple offsets from my Euphorbia flanaganii (or "small medusa's head") while repotting and I was wondering what process I need to go through to get them rooting? Right now they're just on a wooden shelf. There's a rumor that Euphorbias will only root in March but that sounds insane to me, could that really be true?Only one person has said that, no websites have said such a thing. I tried to get offsets from my E. suzannae to root and they simply dried up but I didn't wash the latex off the cut which I did this time (didn't know about doing that before).

Anyone have any thoughts?

I've had limited success with any Euphorbs besides the stick. However, I'm told that at least some of the groups are easy (ie common ones such as Crown-of-Thorns and Donkey Tails) so it's worth a shot. You have branching nodes on your flanaganii? I've had one for two years and it only makes those weird dangly leaves.
~Joe

I've been having a hard time with growing Euphorbias from cuttings. Getting them to root is easy, but acclimating them to drier soil is what I desperately despise.

Back