What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloe Question

Hi guys. Quick question- well, two actually...

I picked up a Crosby's Prolific (A. nobilis x A. humilis) a couple of weeks ago from Lowe's to satisfy my plant fix until I can order more CP's. Anyone keep these? Any specifics with care I should be aware of?

Also, can I use this aloe for it's healing qualities like aloe vera or is aloe vera the only one you can use on burns and in tonics? Just curious. Thanks.

Don;t know much about aloe. if you want healthy aloe keep them in shaddy bright spot with cool air, soil should be always moist. where i grew up, theres a uncared aloe site where aloe grow naturally under those condition. but its a sub-tropical area. the weather condition is so much different from michigan. so yeah ????

Yes you can use it to heal cuts. Did as a child. Just have to break/cut a leaf end off.

I think it is only Aloe vera. I treat mine like semi-shade plants and I always keep the soil moist, I own A. vera, zenzibarica, and ciliaris

Ok, I read that wrong. Sorry. It is not. Aloe Vera is what you want.

From wikipedia: "The species has a number of synonyms: A. barbadensis Mill., Aloe indica Royle, Aloe perfoliata L. var. vera and A. vulgaris Lam., and common names including Chinese Aloe, Indian Aloe, true Aloe, Barbados Aloe, burn Aloe, first aid plant." (and Aloe vera as well!)

This is the medicine plant you are thinking of. The hybrid you have may have medicinal properties but you'll have to research.

Back