What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Lithops all planted *pic*

Brie

Sarracenia freak
Just finished planting all of my new little lithops into a bowl... Had a hellova time separating them all.. There was 2-4 plants in each tiny little nursery pot and their tap roots had completely intertwined. But I was successful in the end. lol. I think it turned out pretty cool. :) :boogie:

5886929462_6738b7cab0_o.jpg

I count 10. Am I missing any? :D Love their mimicry of rocks... Beautiful setup!

They look like.. little butts.

awesome! i just recently ordered some seed to sow in August. Your bowl looks great! What mix do you have them in? I've been on a treasure hunt for a gritty mix of equal parts 1/8" crushed granite, Turface, and fir bark. Maybe amended with sand to be a little less gritty for Lithops' finer roots.

are those baby toes i see in the back there? ^^

Last edited:
awesome! i just recently ordered some seed to sow in August. Your bowl looks great! What mix do you have them in? I've been on a treasure hunt for a gritty mix of equal parts 1/8" crushed granite, Turface, and fir bark. Maybe amended with sand to be a little less gritty for Lithops' finer roots.

Awesome, good luck. :)

I used about 50% Black Gold cactus mix, to about 25% sand and 25% APS. The Cactus Mix is prolly 50% pumice to begin with also.. So its a very dry sandy mix, with just enough peat and other stuff to hold it together, which from what i've been reading is most recommended.. Then it has large grain sand over the top to protect the lithops from touching the substrate. Oh, and about 1/2" of Hydroton on the bottom for drainage.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Yep there's 11. :)

are those baby toes i see in the back there? ^^

Sorry, didnt see that there, yes those are baby toes. :) Picked it up at Lowes last visit... Has 3 flowers/buds on it too. :) I was going to plant it with the lithops but after reading it seems like they'd like more water then that.. so i'll plant it in its own pot.

I see 11 as well.

Nice butt plants!

Nice lithops! I have two of them myself, bought them at a plant show this spring. I can't wait to move them to a nice pot when they outgrow their current one next year.

Wow, That's a really cool designed pot. They blend in with the rocks!

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

They look like.. little butts.

I thought the same way. :p

how do you know when to water them and how much do you water them? do they sit in the sun?

Just missing some bean dip in the center, heh

Haha!! They do look like little butts!
They are awesome Brie. When do they flower?

I really like this set-up, I might just seal this idea for my lithops when they get bigger....... if that's ok..

nice set up you got my interest back.. I got some years ago but they die due to fact watering to much I belive so now how do you water yours? how often how much?

Back